Have you ever thought about adding a unique protein to your dog’s diet? Here’s why you should, and a few novel proteins to try!
Proteins are the building blocks of life, and its importance in your pet’s life is just as great as it is in yours. Proteins play a vital role in every biological process. The amino acids from proteins are what make up a major proportion of our pet’s cells. When you think about it that way, you understand the importance of the right proteins in your dog’s diet.
Dogs love the taste of meat. By offering your pet protein from multiple sources, mealtime is made even more enjoyable and tasty. Whether it’s in the kibble, sprinkled on top as a mixer, or given as a treat, unique protein sources can be a part of your pet’s complete and balanced diet.
What can you do to ensure your pet has a healthy, palatable diet? You can start by exposing your dog to a variety of unique proteins. And what dog wouldn’t prefer a high-quality meal packed with exclusive proteins? Full of nutritional benefits, exceptional taste, and delectable aromas? That’s why Merrick has a complete line of dry and wet formulas that showcase a host of novel proteins.
A mix of unique proteins in your dog’s diet can also help him maintain a shiny coat and keep skin healthy. Thanks to the Omega fatty acids it contains. Every protein source contains different levels of amino acids that are broken down and used for all aspects of your dog’s growth and development. But not all proteins are created equal – some are better for pets than others. And you want to make sure your pooch enjoys the benefits of a high-quality diet rich in animal-derived protein.
Add a unique protein to your dog’s diet to give them more of what they really need. Here are a few of our new favorites:
- Salmon provides an excellent source of protein for dogs. As well, it’s a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, and that can help support a healthy and shiny coat. Salmon helps support a strong immune system that will help keep your dog’s body and mind healthy.
- Duck is often found as an ingredient in many limited ingredients or hypoallergenic dog foods. So, it is easier to digest than chicken. Easily digested proteins are beneficial for many dogs, and duck is an affordable ingredient option.
- Lamb is an easily digestible animal protein that’s appropriate for dogs of all ages. Its nutritional content is amazing, and like beef, it has a high-fat content. As the result, lamb is considered to be pasture grown and under quality conditions, making it a good alternative for rotation in your pet’s food choices.
- Venison is also an easy-to-digest protein source and is often recommended for dogs with intolerances. Consequently, it’s considered a novel protein that your pet probably hasn’t been exposed to in the past.
- Rabbit has a higher protein content than most meats, including chicken, turkey, and beef. Therefore, this means it is a great source of fuel for your pet’s muscles and supplies key amino acids that will assist in tissue repair and immune system boosting.
Give your dog a taste of something different and go with a unique protein found in many of Merrick’s dog food formulas. Head to Petco’s online store to order meals that will nourish your dog from head to paw!